The hardest part of running a product-led company is knowing which customers to focus on. With a high volume of signups, it can be challenging to know who to talk to. How do you prioritize PQLs and manage accounts?
Views lets you create real-time reports that track the customers that matter most. You can create user or account lists by properties (e.g. sign up date) and metrics (e.g. number of support tickets). Then you can filter by any criteria and then sort these lists by metrics (e.g. usage).
Here are some examples of Views that are commonly created:
- Most active signups from the last 30 days
- Accounts with new user growth
- Accounts that have utilized gated or premium features
- Show me the top paying customers who had the biggest usage drops
The great thing about Calixa is that all these metrics are automatically generated for you from the apps you connect. Even better, all your Segment event traffic is also turned into metrics. You can even send custom events or metrics to our API.
You can create a View in a few easy steps:
- Select a default "Users" or "Accounts" View
- Add whatever filter criteria you want. You can string together as many as you need.
- Pick the metric you want to sort by. We'll order the list by this metric and also calculate rates of change for you.
- Save the View for future reference.
If there are any columns you want to add or remove from the resulting list, that's easy too. Just click on the "Add Column" text to show a new column.
Sorting is a breeze too. Let's say for example you wanted to sort by the change percentage and not the absolute value, just click on the "Change" in the table header.
As with anything in Calixa, when you find a particular user or account you want to deep dive on, just click on them. You'll see complete view of their account.
Updated 7 months ago